Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Rush is a Douche.


Rush Limbaugh is a douchebag. I totally get that. I was super pissed when I read about his on-air antics regarding Fluke's defending her reproductive rights. I've seen several petitions floating around trying to get Rush taken off the air because of his comments. I would happily sign this petition to help take Rush off the air, except that in doing so, I would be asking someone to take away someone else's rights--the right to free speech. And isn't that what we're all so mad at Rush about to begin with? Wanting to take away or supress someone else's rights (in Fluke's case its the her reproductive rights)? While personally, totally disagree with everything the man has to say (and that's putting it lightly), no one has the right to take away someone else's right to free speech, just because they don't like what's being said.

Leave him be. Karma will certainly take care of him. And in the mean time, he's igniting a fire under the women's rights movement that we desperately needed. So, as yucky of a person he may seem, he's actually (ultimately) a catalyst for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment